• Creator
    Topic

Bradley Tiller
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bruiser
    Engines: 6bta 5.9 250hp

I have attempted (unsuccessfully) to replace the piston style lift pump with the diaphragm type. The low pressure fuel line was damaged while attempting to reposition it to the new lift pump. It appears the line would have to be modified in order to attach it to the different (diaphragm) pump. 2 questions:

1. Can the diaphragm lift pump be used on this engine?

2. If so, is there a different fuel line made to attach to the diaphragm pump.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Bradley,

I cannot answer that question, & I really doubt anyone else can either unless that someone tried it & was successful in the end….

For sure, threads, sizes, & connections have no particular pattern as to what is used with what, other than I doubt you can “Mix & Match”…

Next————-What exact CPL? If this is a EP9 injection system, then you are very off base trying to do this. That pump requires alot “more” than the diaphragm pump can put-out.. Think of the diaphragm pump as something that Cater made for a 283 Chevy V-8 in the 60’s..

The real question is WHY are you trying to “Mickey Mouse” something like this? The factory pumps are quite reliable and not expensive in the big scheme of things..

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.