• Creator
    Topic

Greg insinga
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Off The Hook
    Engines: Cummins 370 6bta

All

Recently bought the maintenance kit and serviced one of my AC as per Tony’s instructions . My question is my raw water end cap seems to have a hair line gap and isn’t as flush against the AC block as the other side is . After completing the service I pressure tested the cooler with a garden hose set up letting it sit for about a 1/2 with no leaks . Will this be an issue down the road and would you suggest I pull the cap and use the smaller o ring to ensure a tight snug fit against the AC block? All the story’s of o ring failure and water in the engine had me up last night !

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

I see no issues..

Greg insinga
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Off The Hook
    Engines: Cummins 370 6bta

Rob

Just bought the boat last July and really don’t know the history of the AC maintenance . Pressure test was with city water with no gauge . Just looked for water leaking into the air side . The o ring seemed to be a good fit as per Tony’s instructions . Pics below . I may be over thinking it

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Did you use this info for proper o-ring replacement?:
    https://www.sbmar.com/articles/b-series-aftercooler-o-ring-identification/

What is your known history with this aftercooler? Have you or someone prior heavily sanded down or milled the housing ends?

Well it sounds like it is not leaking — Full garden hose pressure?? Well water or city water? Did you put a gauge on it … That could be anywhere up to 90 psi !

How about some good hi res pics.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.