• Creator
    Topic

Dan
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins

One of my lift pumps is leaking fuel when priming (not leaking when engine is running) searching quick serve I can’t find any reference to the part.

The engine is also idling a little rough and I’m down 50 odd revs at WOT, any chance the lift pump is letting air into the system?

Thanks

ESN 46514245

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mark Tripi
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Keeper
    Engines: Cummins 4BTA

Bosch Primer pump

After a lot of digging I came up with the part number for the Bosch primer pump on the 4BTA-250 engine. Dan I hope this helps you.
    I came up with the Bosch # 2 447 222 126

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Just like you, I’d have to deal with a local certified Bosch injection pump shop and rely on them to help..
    Since this pump is not common on the marine side, you would have to get them the pump to sort out..

Luckily, the the 4 cylinder version of “P7100” injection pump was used extensively in other applications, so it may be an easy repair/rebuild.

Dan
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins

Thanks Tony,
    Can you supply a service kit for the pumps?

Paul Greenhalgh
    Participant
    Vessel Name: ADELAIDE
    Engines: QSB6.7 480

Lift Pump Leak on a 6BTA M3

I hope it is OK to stitch this on the back of this thread rather than starting new..

Same problem, but with a 6BTA 370hp M-3, CPL 2008. Manual lift pump is leaking when operating but not otherwise (no leak when engine is running and vessel underway). No hard-starting or evidence of air leaks.

Is the solution the same as that given above for the 4BTA?

thanks

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

That type of lift pump has 2 pumping elements and that are separate. You have remove the lift pump and rebuilt it or take it to a Bosch shop and have it gone thru. The lift pump itself ( 4BTA version) has been tough for us to source from Cummins..

If you decide to remove it, expect spring tension to push it away from the housing as it loosens, and 3-8 ounces of black engine oil to make a mess.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.