• Creator
    Topic

toolman
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Madijo
    Engines: 450 diamonds

I have a lag at 15 hundred to 17 hundred then it spools up, after coolers done this year, 2650 rpm, no black smoke, 38 tiara , was going to try your lazy aneroid but wanted to know how much adjustment, do not have an air supply to test, was going to trial after adjustment, how much adjustment? I can get an air supply but do not no that procedure?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

toolman
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Madijo
    Engines: 450 diamonds

Heading to Westport WA this weekend , easy stuff first, Raycor , on engine fuel filter, new air cleaner, checking all turbo hoses and clamps, then 2 clicks on the aneroid and will reply next week and let everybody know the results, thanks everyone , Toolman Ted

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

2-3 clicks test one

1 click each time after that

Leave to top finger tight until you figure out if that was the issueĀ 

Getting some “Black smoke” during transient acceleration try to get one plane isĀ  NORMAL &Ā  expected

Ron Carter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Sedona
    Engines: 6C8.3TA

Toolman,

Please let us know what happened if you adjusted the aneroid. One guy on the Club Sea Ray Forum backed off his spring tension by two clicks and said it fixed his slow spooling engine. I am down to that procedure because I have no other symptoms mentioned in Tony’s Tip on the lazy aneroid.

And, Glendinning told me that if the synchronizer is off it is not possible to cause slow spooling because it is hard attached to the throttle cables when off.

Ron Carter
    Participant

If this adjustment affects spool up with the sync off too that might explain the lack of smoke. IOW, not lack of air just not throttling up as fast as the other engine.

Dave Carlson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bec'n Me
    Engines: 500 QSC

I had a 38 Tiara Open with this same issue. There is a friction adjustment in the synchronizer. I don’t remember if this problem was during sync off but there was some problem with cable adjustments too.

Ron Carter
    Participant

If you will drop down three posts on this page you will find my post on the same issue. I have not received an answer here about what to check aside from Tony’s low power tip. My filters are all clean, the turbo spins freely and my injectors are a year old. WOT, like yours, is not affected.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.