• Creator
    Topic

Richard Sosdorf
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Jenny Matt
    Engines: Cummings 370B

I have 370B’s (2008 Recons) in my 31 Blackfin.  A few seasons ago I lost 90-100 rpm’s at WOT and under load on the starboard motor.   Had a few mechanics go over everything and no could come up with a cause.  Well, I pulled off my coolers for service and noticed a bracket on the bosch P7100 pump is broken and missing.  Looked a few past pictures and it’s been missing from sometime.  From what I could find the bracket is some type of stop for the fuel shut off.  I know the solenoid stops fuel flow but is it possible with the stop missing its somehow the lever over rotating is affecting flow thus causing my loss in rpms.   What is very odd the bracket on my port motor is cracked in the same spot as the other one was broken off at.  Does anyone know where I can get replacement brackets and possibly why they would fail like they are. 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Francis Valerio
    Participant
    Vessel Name: overslept
    Engines: Twin 4BT CPL741

Richard

A suggestion, is the broken off piece in the bilge or under the engine?

If you can locate it have someone weld it for you.  You can take the one off the other engine to use as a guide or “jig” to weld it back to proper spec.  As you are doing this you can have the crack repaired as well that you mentioned.

Good luck

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

All I can say is figure it out buy either making the parts or finding parts at  a pump shop with some old Pumps.–I cannot supply them as then I’d be in the same position–A P7100 pump in need or parts or something clever to make it all work right.

Richard Sosdorf
    Participant

Tony – Yes, the boat easily hitting 3090 to 3100 on fresh tuned props.   The boat pops up on plane easily and runs great.   Little to no smoke getting on plane and nothing while running. 

Tony Athens

These are the best views I have of the p7100.. Maybe you can figure out something from them..  Not sure what stops what as I’ve never had the issue to deal with.  Only on the 4BTA have I seen a bracket break an that was many yrs ago. Brackets & parts ?? Maybe a local pump shop??       

RPM loss over time is just about always engine loading–Did you engines ever make 3100+ and make it easy?

Richard Sosdorf
    Participant

Here’s the best picture I have.   Not a lot of room between the motors to get any better of pictures.   

Tony Athens

Stand back 2-3 ft and re-take  the pics–re-post

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.