• Creator
    Topic

David Sarazen
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Brass Ring
    Engines: Cummins 5.9 6 BT

WIF light and alarm is on ONLY at the upper helm. No issues at lower. I replaced the 2 Racors and the engine filter. I did not fully drain the Racors, only bled them, but I don’t see any water. I pulled the WIF and Alarm wires off the PCB and all the gauges work, but that’s not the answer. is there a WIF sensor on the Racors? Or somewhere else?  I sprayed all connectors and the board with WD40 and that didn’t solve the problem  Do I need a new board? 2000 Heritage East, single Cummins 5.9 6 BT Thanks for any help! Dave    

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

David Sarazen
    Participant

Does the SMX board at SBM have identical inputs? I’m going to need a plug and play board – not an electrician

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

The board has alarms for WIF, engine temp and oil pressure so yes by pulling the ground from the board you lose the other two alarms.  Sounds like the board may be shot.

David Sarazen
    Participant

Thanks Rob. I pulled the pink wire and that put out the WIF light. However, the only way to stop the alarm is to pull the black ground wire off the PCB. Isn’t the alarm for high temp as well?

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

False alarm by the upper helm PCB board.  As with all mechanical B’s, unless someone adds a water sensor to the Racor, etc and actually connected up the WIF circuit consider it “fixed” by pulling the pink wire. 

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.