• Creator
    Topic

Boatnbump
    Participant

I have a 2006 450C 5000 hours engine runs great is burns no oil and no smoke. It runs good and has be maintained.  It has a bad vibration or shake like something is out of balance at 1000rpms we can´t pin it down. Its bad under load it does it in neutral but not bad.  It has a new Cummins injectors not rebuilt, new torsional damper plate, new motor mounts, New shaft aligned correct. Everything is in order. Above or below those rpm´s it runs fine. The shaft is not vibrating its coming from the engine. We went back through the injectors the appear to be fine.  It feels like something in the motor is out or balance in gear its bad in Neutral it not to noticeable but its there always at exactly 1000rpm it doesn’t change. Any rpm above or below 1000 in or out of gear is smooth. The engine always acted a little weird at 1000rpm. At this point I am thinking a got a bad damper plate.   

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Boatnbump
    Participant

Tony I won’t be back in the boat for 10 days. I am being told its a problem with the centa damper its exactly at 1000rpm The engine has always had a shake at 1000rpm. 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Post very good pics of all the engine isloators.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.