• Creator
    Topic

Luis Jove
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ganga
    Engines: 480 CE

I have a pair of 6CTA 480 CE on a 2003 Pursuit 38, the starboard engine is running fine but after running the boat for about one hour I noticed a leak at the clamp between the turbo and the air pipe that goes to the aftercooler. I removed the clamp and found that there is a rubber o-ring inside that was broken, I will be replace it during the week to see if that solves the leak, but my concern is why do I have what seems to be oil/slush going down that pipe towards the aftercooler and if that is ok. That engine has more blow by than the port one. I bought and installed de CCV system from Seaboard about a year ago and I am very happy with the results, after a year and about 200 hours I had less than a quarter of the puke bottle full. I had the aftercooler pulled and clean about six months ago and the mechanic told me that it wasn’t that bad, will this situation clog my aftercooler fast? Is this a high blow by situation, anything that could be wrong with the turbo?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Probably normal.. But do remove the air side housing from the turbo ONCE a year and clean all inside “Spic & Span.. They can get very nasty. Easy job and no parts needed to do it–Just a good solvent and elbow grease.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.