• Creator
    Topic

William Guerra
    Participant

Hey guys I have a cummins 6cta 8.3 420 in my crab boat. I’m in Wisconsin deer hunting right now but my deckhand was by my boat today and he noticed my oil alarm was going off on my panel. I was the last one in the boat and thought this was weird since I know I had everything off. Well I told him to turn the key and see if it’ll start. She fires right up and so I told him to shut her down. He turns the key off but the motor continues to run. I walk him through how to hit the engine stop lever by the fuel solenoid to get the engine killed and the buzzer goes off as if the key is still on. I got him to take the engine fuse out by the back harness to disconnect the power going to it and the power is now off. I just bought the panel from Seaboard Marine brand new. Wondering if could be a faulty key switch or I have a short somewhere causing continuous power? I’m coming home too so will be able to get into further detail then but wondering where I shoukd try and trouble shoot when I do get home. Thank you for any feedback.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Thanks for posting the fix

William Guerra
    Participant

Problem solved

Harness was corroded was the problem not the papanel. Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.