• Creator
    Topic

Zac Schramm
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Off Hand
    Engines: 2003 Cummins 6BTA's

Hi,

I am testing the sensors on my engine and curious about 2 things.

1. Is there any reason a standard resistive (oil pressure) sender can’t also be used to measure boost air pressure? It should just be a diaphragm inside and in which case air and oil should be similar.Ā  I already have 2 of these on hand and I want to use the actisense emu-1 to read and it requires resistive senders and I mostly find only transducers for boost pressure.Ā Ā 

2. I have a 2 pin temperature sender like the picture below, and don’t understand the 2nd pin and can’t find any datasheets on it. One of the pins is obvious, between it and the case I get resistive value for temperature. The other pin is not connected to ground, I can’t read resistance with the 1st pin, so I’m not sure what it is for or if it needs to be hooked up. Only thing I can think is perhaps it is a combo temperature sender and switch.

<br />Thanks,

Zac

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Zac Schramm
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Off Hand
    Engines: 2003 Cummins 6BTA's

Thank you Tony.

Boost – Thank you, I was going to select a lower scale (80 psi) sensor.

Water temp – Yes that is what it looks like.Ā  I can’t find any technical information or datasheet on it.

-Z

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Boost—–yes the OP sended can be used by the gauge that will read your boost may not give decent resolution you wantĀ  (0-150 PSI)Ā 

Water temp sender– does it look like the attached?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.