• Creator
    Topic

youngfam
    Participant

Hello looking to replace metal low pressure lines on 2001 bayliner 3488 with 4bta. Cummins says return lines no longer available. I see kits here for 6bta but no 4bta line kits. Any suggestions for new lines and connections?thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Clinton Rowley
    Participant

Leak

I had same issue. I ended up cutting and hose clamp fuel hose.

youngfam
    Participant

replace metal fuel lines 4 BTA

Sorry for the delay Pics attached of the two metal lines on my 2001 Cummins 4BTA.Ā  I am interested in improving the system for some peace of mind. The one line you see with the hose spliced and clamped was one that had a hole the first year and a marine mechanic fixed to save the summer trip. The other line next to it, last year came apart at the connection and filled the bilge with diesel. Cummins said the line that has the hose spliced in is no longer available.

Options?

Thanks

Rob

youngfam
    Participant

I will take some photos next week.Ā <br />appreciate the replies so far.Ā 

Mark Tripi
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Keeper
    Engines: Cummins 4BTA

I have 4BTAs also. Last summer the return line broke right at the #1 injector on the front side. I tried everyplace I could think of to find a new return manifold using the Cummins number. It is NLA! I took the line down to my local hydraulic shop and they brazed a hose barb onto the banjo fitting and another to the other banjo fitting by the overflow valve. If you have it broken in any other spot you can get individual banjo/hose barb fittings and use fuel line to connect it all with t fittings. Where did yours break?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Francis Valerio
    Participant
    Vessel Name: overslept
    Engines: Twin 4BT CPL741

Most of the steel fuel lines have a “tag” on them.Ā  The tag is a flat piece of metal that is bent around the steel line at some point.Ā  They are about an inch long or so.Ā  This tag has a number stamped on it to identify the specific line that it is.

Not sure if the return line has a tag but try and look.Ā  These tags are painted with the engine so they may not stand out unless you are looking right at them.

I posted an example

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Post good pics of the engines showing the lines you want to replace–No close-ups–Need to see all

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.