• Creator
    Topic

Stephen Oliver
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ascella
    Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

Hi Guys

Following on from my previous posts – I was going to relocate the Last chance back on to the engine to tidy things up as I currently have remote last chance filters set up. While redoing the whole fuel system, I have noted that when the last chance was removed, whoever did it, removed the bracket that held the last chance on and also changed all the fittings.. making it a hard exercise to replace back on the engine.

To make things tidy, i’m going to repipe it with shorter hoses and closer to the engine. I was going to stick with the 1/2″ pushlock hose that I have been using (no clamps required on the hose tails) and adapt to the ORFS fittings that are on the lift pump and bosch pump. Is there any issue using the pushlock on the engine after the lift pump? I’m assuming the lift pump is only a few PSI and the injector pump does the majority of the flow and pressure?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Stephen Oliver
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ascella
    Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

Thanks Tony

They are steel fitting and correct hose supplied by Taipan here in Aus.. I believe they are good quality and a pig to get on to the hose tails šŸ™‚

I will redo the remote filter lines with the same 1/2″ hose i have used throughout and get rid of the crimped hydraulic lines that are currently in place.

Steve

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Lift pump pressures on your engine can approach 30 PSI at times. A proper “push lock” assembly is typically rated to 200 PSI-ish WP on paper.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.