• Creator
    Topic

Armando Vicente Jr
    Participant

Used engine new install, SMX digital display, raw water pump, double filters and 6″shower/exhaust. Runs fine up to 1800 then sudden drop to 800 or so. It does not hesitate or stumble like lack of fuel just like a shudder and drop in rpm no smoke. Runs fine up till then sounds normal IMHO. I did notice real quick rise in engine temp as i power up from 172 to 185 before sudden drop and back to 173 at lower rpm. I could only fit a 1 1/2 sea cock so used buck Alq adapter at valve to 2″ sea strainer to keep restriction at min and a speed scoop. Ser# 46488051

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Armando Vicente Jr
    Participant

Update: low pressure delivery 2215 code

4 injectors out of torque causing excessive return IE low pressure after 2500RPM but fine below that. Full RPM and need more wheel!!

Armando Vicente Jr
    Participant

Fuel pressure is 15 at idle, 8psi at 2100 and derates at 7-7.5 at 2290.Ā  Ā vac at test port never went higher than 2.5. Codes are spn111 -fmi-18,Ā  111 fmi-3, 94 fmi 18. The first two codes are low coolant level but the 94 fmi 18 low fuel pressure still issue new lift pump and system, Is the 10psi the min at rated? Thanks

Armando Vicente Jr
    Participant

QSB 5.9

Still trying to get insite guy to boat that seems impossible, so on my own here in order to get back to fishing but got codes up specifically SPN 94 FMI-18 that matches my symptoms. Valid data, Low fuel.Ā  Would a testĀ  guage on filter be valid test? Hate to go replace parts just to get going but no choice, so is there a test of the hp pump vs sensors?Ā 

Ā Thanks

Armando Vicente Jr
    Participant

engine sim

Do not think it matters but the sim mod part # is 3969792 that says its not compatible with your seaview upgrade but it seems to be fine?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.