• Creator
    Topic

Matthew
    Participant

Hello guys.

Have replaced last week worn out fuel camshaft on one Onan with Kubota V2403 engine,and now,as usually goes,it starts,runs few seconds,and shuts down with that error.

I know that usually means winding damaged or controller unit,but in this case genset worked fine,before this “operation”. It starts sometimes also difficult,like it has air in system,but i bleed it directly on injectors above.

I will try to check winding resistance and swap over controller unit,also will have new stop solenoid-governor,but wanting to see if maybe anybody did such tedious job,because timing cover was removed,idler pulley etc..

Thank you very much guys.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Matthew
    Participant

Hello Tony.

Yes,understand,but asking can’t do no harm. I will try to sort this genset today,fingers crossed,and for sure will come back with results.

Thank you for reply.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Your questions and issues could very well be above the “pay grade”” of who reads this forums.. Certainly mine.. But I will say this with confidence

Separate the engine from the generator end and the ONAN ALARM system that shuts down the engine. Until you do that, you cannot sort out any engine issues…………………………..One has nothing to do with the other.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.