• Creator
    Topic

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

I just replaced my old Racor turbines with the double-double filter setups… HUGE improvement!!!  One question I have though is why does the FS19513 include an “inner” o-ring seal and the FS1000 does not.  I bought two setups, so 2 of each filter was included and the “inner” seal was only provided with the FS19513 on both counts.  What is the purpose of the seal and why isn’t it included with both filters?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

This is called a “spud gasket” and yes some filters use it (FS1000/1001) for the threaded insert and others don’t (FS19513/5013).  I notice that the spud gasket is included with filters that are rated at 10 mic and less but don’t understand why they are designed that way.  Years back trying to dig a little deeper into it I contacted Cummins Filtration for an explanation.  What I received back made zero sense as to both grammar and technical assistance.  Here it is.

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

It’s the little separate oring shown in this picture.  It was actually included in the FS1000 and not the FS19513.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Can you post a picture of exactly what you are referring too?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.