• Creator
    Topic

Johan
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Prestige
    Engines: qsc 8.3

Hello everyone, First of all, sorry for my bad English.
    I have a Jeaneau prestige 46 of 2006 with 2x qsc 8.3 with about 1670 hours.
    Now I have the following questions.
    Is it bad for the engines to sail at low revs (1000 rpm, 7 nm), it is often not possible to sail harder. What is your advice on that. I also have the problem that if I first start the SB engine there is sometimes an alarm (AL) on the dashboard, this goes out when I give a little gas. I start the BB engine first and then the SB I do not have the problem. If I start the SB engine without the meters getting the chance to start up (so start very quickly) it takes a while before the engine wants to start. the SB motor also has a lower oil pressure than the BB. The SB engine also has a very small oil leak at the bottom of the drive belt (about 3 drops per 5 hours of sailing) this is a big problem or can be picked up with great maintenance. Also good to know that at 1550 hours an injector is replaced on the SB engine and at that time both motors were read by a Cummins mechanic and saw no problems, he gave as the reason of the alarm on the SB that this engine probably has a too light adjustment of voltage but that is not a problem.
    See also the pictures, on the first photo you can see AL (alarm).
    Gr, Johan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Johan
    Participant

And more Pics.

And more pics.

Johan
    Participant

More pictuers.

More pictuers.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.