• Creator
    Topic

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

Can anyone tell me if this is a lift muffler? All I know is this exits water below the waterline and exhaust gas above the waterline (via the 6″ hose on top). I know the black generator muffler in the background is a lift, but just don’t know about the engine muffler.

I need to know because I want to install fresh water flush to the output port on the raw water pump to run with the engine off. Everything is downhill after the mixer, so nothing should back up into the engine… unless this is a lift muffler.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

This IS NOT a lift muffler–If all down hill from the mixer to this and there in nothing in-between, nothing to worry about–The water will just go out the bottom of the boat

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

This looks like what I have seen on some ā€œSea Raysā€ ? Underwater exhaust and a bypass out the stern?

Yep, same setup here (this is a Meridian). So if the exhaust is downhill from the mixer, can I do an engine-ff flush or is this a lift muffler?

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

This looks like what I have seen on some “Sea Rays” ? Underwater exhaust and a bypass out the stern?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.