• Creator
    Topic

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

After I serviced my aftercoolers I had to kink and bend the wire reinforced hose that runs from the raw water pump to the aftercooler in order to get it over the nipple. Once it was on it was nice and straight but I’m worried that kinking the hose caused damage. Is this a problem or can this kind of hose tolerate a kink?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

No way to tell without hose in hand. It’s cheap and easy, just change it out with a non-wire high quality marine hose such as the Shields 200 series. No need for wire reinforced there.

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

Unfortunately I can’t post a pic now, the boat is hours away. But, the hose looks perfectly fine. The only thing is that I had to put a kink in it to get it on the nipples, and then I straightened it out. I’m just concerned that bending it like that did some internal damage to the hose. After I kinked it, it would bend over with little force after that, so it seems like there was some effect to the hose… whether that means the hose is at risk of bursting/leaking, that’s what I’d like to know.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Good pics would help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.