• Creator
    Topic

Dalton
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA

I’m stumped
    I get a constant beep when in gear at rpm 1100 to 1500. In neutral, no beep. If I’m in gear and at 1500 and it’s beeping, I just put it down to idle and beep goes away

I thought it was my engine but in neutral there is no beep at any rpm. But in fwd or reverse it does beep.

Keep in mind, it all works great and engine runs perfect at any rpm. I can cruise at say 2500
    Rpm and all is fine. No slipping, no odd noises etc. shifts fine. Only a beep at that rpm range in gear

Temp sensor is fine. I swapped it out for a new one, no change. I unplugged it , no change
    ATF level seemed ok. Maybe a little low and didn’t notice water but didn’t look all that well.

One thing to note, my engine is a 8.1 mercruiser gas. I used to have diesel in another boat and found this group very helpful so I’m posting here because I’m out of options.

Hoping someone has ideas for me to check. Or could this simply be a low fluid warning??

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I am assuming you have Mercury SmartCraft electronics ? ……………….If so, I’d guess it’s related to one of the senders on the transmission that the electronics interpret.. Help on this will most likely only come from the Mercury tech help line..

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.