• Creator
    Topic

Don Sasser
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Voyager
    Engines: 6BT 210

Just making sure my fuel filtration setup is correct for my engine. I have a 6BT 210 reman purchased from Seaboard Marine 3 years ago to repower my single screw trawler. Fuel tanks were replaced as part of the repower. I have Tony’s SMX Double Double Filtration Kit with vacuum gauges. I’m using Ā a FS19513 for the first stage and a FS19596 with the WIF sensor connected to the engine instrument alarm panel as the second stage filtration . On filter on the engine is the one that came on the engine and painted white , so I don’t know what make or number it is. Ā I assume when i replace it, the recommended filter is a FF42000. I have 200 hours on the engine. I changed the oil at 25 hours and at the start of each season, but have not changed the fuel filters since the engine was installed. The vacuum gauges have never exceeded 2″ of vacuum, so i’ve not replaced any filters. Have i got i right, wrong, or is there something i need to do different. Is it ok to just continue on until i see the vacuum increase to 4 or 5″ or should i go ahead change the filters?<!–more–>

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Have you “tested” it by removing the WIF sensor and dipping itĀ  inĀ  some water?Ā  Ā When we designed the circuity for the board, my tests were not 100% conclusive using a RACOR sensor, but seemed good for a Fleetguard Sensor you have..

Keep me posted.Ā  IMO, long term actual field testing is always a better way to see a how things like this work.Ā 

Don Sasser
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Voyager
    Engines: 6BT 210

WIF Sensor Wiring

I wired the WIF sensor to the warning light on the SMX panel just to give a warning

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

You are on the right track, but I’m not sure why you bought the “WIF filter” set-up.. How do you plan on getting that to work or your engine mechanical B?Ā 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.