• Creator
    Topic

james
    Participant

Somehow during the installation of remote oil kite, the engine temperature gauge on Port side became non functional.  Has to be a wire bumped loose during the crawling around.  Can someone point me to the location of the temperature sending unit and save me some time hunting around.

thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

james
    Participant

Hey Rob – Yep, it was right where you said it would be, I could see the one wire hanging loose.  Of course, I couldn’t fit my hand in to reattach it with out some component removal.  At times I think the guys who design the service points on these engines need to spend a good year in the field.

My favorite is the bolts holding the stock exhaust elbow to the turbo.  The configuration is such that you can’t get a socket on it, and being a 10mm head, most wrenches are too small to free that typically frozen component.  I ended up welding an old crescent wreck to a 6 point box wrench to get me some solid leverage.

Tony and company are earning my on-going business by keeping this forum alive and active.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

James, should be a 2-wire sender and I believe it will be on the side of the head in the area behind the alternator.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.