• Creator
    Topic

Harry Alverio
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Salty
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 370

Hi to all!! I curently own a 6bta 370.  I ve been having ocasional leaking from the expansion tank cap. I have change the cap with a 15 psi pressure and changed the expansion tank to see if the problem resolves but it still drips. The coolant seems like it has some black soot. I see no oil residue nor diesel. There is no smoke or vapor coming out of the exhaust. Ive done pressure test thinking it could be a broken headgasket but no leak. I see more drip if I increase the throttle fast before warming and when full throttle. There is no temperature issues. Ive cleaneed aftercoolers recently. <br />Would a turbo or manifold gasket cause this type of pressure buildup and cause coolant to leak? <br />Thanks to all!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Sean Davis
    Participant
    Vessel Name: White Cap
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA 370

Coolant flush question?

Tony,

When doing a full coolant flush, do recommend using one of the fleet guard restore or restore plus cleaning solutions? Or something similar?  Do you have a preferred method of accomplishing this procedure? I am also running a 6BTA 370. <br />Thank you 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Do a full flush & coolant change if your coolant it “sooty”.. New OEM quality Cap, right? 

Do you have a expansion plastic type bottle to collect expanded expansion tank coolant? This is a must have or the tank will leak to “someplace”.

Then WWM–Wait, Watch & Monitor

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.