• Creator
    Topic

Sean
    Participant

Could I get your advice to deal with bilge water in a 25 Farallon straight shaft. Any of your products or technical solutions? Would a thru-hull (the flange type with threaded collar nut and threaded plug) garboard drain work if installed close to keelĀ  between rudderĀ  base and strut? Considering the prop turbulence, but this is the low area.

Trailer boat that I would like to be able to more easily wash out the bilge when pulled out. Current garboard drain in the transom is relatively high (above the rudder base).Ā  Lower hole in the bilge would let me flush out with soapy water and keep things dry.

Mahalo, Sean

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

The factory hatches and general deck design on a 25 Farallon is as bad as it gets as to letting water into the bilge in normal working conditions.. Because you trailer your boat, consider doing what most smaller outboard poweredĀ  boats do. Put a rubber expansion plug/kit behind the rudder post thru the transom.. I have 3 of these on my Carolina skiff.. IMO simple and perfectly safe. Installing a bronze thru hull with a threaded plug might be more “politically correct”. but that is your call. Both need to be done right so water egress into the hull structure/laminateĀ  does not happen..Ā 

Ā  https://www.amazon.com/SeaLux-Marine-Turn-Tite-Expandable-Neoprene/dp/B07MF87XGJ?th=1

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.