• Creator
    Topic

Thomas La Rose
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Uncle Tom
    Engines: 3208

I know this is a Cummins forum but was wondering if seaboard sells high coolant temp alarm and low oil pressure alarms that would work on my 3208?
    Thank you, Tom.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Luke Nelson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Image
    Engines: QSC 8.3 540hp

Its been a while.. But the coolant alarm should go to the low oil pressure switch( round cylinder about a inch long). It should be at the rear of the V on the head.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thomas La Rose
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Uncle Tom
    Engines: 3208

Thanks all. Going to use what is already there as Luke mentioned. Didnā€™t know what I was looking at. Previous owner disabled alarms for some reason, have no clue why. So I bought a buzzer and now am trying to figure out how to wire it all back up. I donā€™t have the engine manual. Pretty sure this is the coolant overheat sensor, wires with the blue crimps go to the oil pressure sensor black wire goes negative side of busbar along with the black wire on my buzzer, the red from buzzer Iā€™ve got wired to the key switch but so far no success. Any advice is appreciated.

Luke Nelson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Image
    Engines: QSC 8.3 540hp

The 3208 has low coolant volume, high temp and low oil pressure as part of the standard wiring harness? You want more?

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

You’ll need to locate unused ports and identify the npt size for the coolant temp and oil psi switches.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Coolant temp , low oil pressure, water flow, etc, switches do not care what the engine color is.. John Deere , Cummins, Perkins, Yanmar, Volvo, etc etc..

It all comes down the how you set them up and make them a reliable part of your engines “vital sign” warning system..

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.