• Creator
    Topic

Keith Pleas
    Participant
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9

A year and a half ago I posted about having some issues with my instrumentation (WIF alarm, hourmeters not progressing) and mentioned I was planning to move to a Chetco SeaGauge but I purchased the replacement panel from SBMAR and got the WIF turned off. I just got around to installing it and I have it working with my N2K network with Raymarine Axioms and i70s (see attached pic).

I have the stock harness with this helpful wiring diagram from this site.

So far…I have cut and moved the sender wires for both engines for Tach, Oil Pressure, and Temp. You can notice a slight discrepancy between the Axioms’ tach reading and the N2K values in the i70S – currently sorting through that with Raymarine tech support. As hoped for, the digital hourmeters are now progressing (I need to go back through my logbook and total up the missing hours to reset to what’s nominally on the engines).Ā 

And now I have a few questions:

1. What other wires from the old harness could be shifted? I notice that the harness has Voltage for each engine but I have a pretty complete Victron setup for my batteries…does anyone have this configured as alternator output?
    2. I can use the Raymarine alarms so I don’t need the boards behind the tach and the alarms. And I will be removing the gauges and adding a 3rd Axiom. Is there any consequence of eliminating EVERYTHING else from the “Plug Instrument Module” entirely?
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Keith Pleas
    Participant
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9

Bumping this – and reducing to the bare essentials – after splicing the RPM, PSI, and temp:

Is there any consequence of eliminating EVERYTHING else from the ā€œPlug Instrument Moduleā€ entirely

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.