• Creator
    Topic

Chuck Rich
    Participant
    Vessel Name: crownroyal
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 370

Yesterday I ran out to the fishing grounds about an hours ride at 2200 rpm trolled 3 hrs and on the way home was running about 2000 rpm and my starboard engines egt jumped from 875 to about 1100 port side was running 875 I pulled back to 1200 rpm and port dropped to 450 and starboard to 850 both engines weā€™re pulling about 20 on the boost I run there for about ten minutes and the egt suddenly dropped to 450 on the starboard side I run back up to 2200 and port was running 875 and starboard about Ā 900 which is pretty normal for these engines. I checked all the wiring and connections all seemed fine. All service is up to date and no other problems. Nothing looked like it was hot, no turbo discoloration or anything like that have had the boat 13 years always done my own service about 1500 hrs on the engines was wondering if it could be anything other than electrical ( sensor,gauge both only couple years old) any thoughts? Ā Is there ways to test the sensors?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

If not a gauge issue, then look extra carefully for the broken hose clamp/loose hoseĀ  on the orange hoses allowing a boost leak.Ā  Lose boost = all of a sudden will raise the EGT and or make dark smoke

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.