• Creator
    Topic

tpires919
    Participant

Hey guys running into an issue with one of my engines. It starts and runs perfectly every time from “cold” start. If I leave the block heaters on to where it keeps the oil temp around 130 the engine will not start. It’s as if it’s completely dead, no crank or turnover. This just started this week, happened while out fishing. So I left block heater on for a few days, came back wouldn’t start. Turned them off for a day and came back, started right up.

Same thing would happen if I run the boat and shut the engines off. Port engine won’t start, but could be jumped. To me it sounds like it could be the injector pump, wanted to get some feedback. My Cummins mechanic is booked full for the next 3 weeks so won’t be available until after I winterize it. trying to see if it’s anything else to look at so I can use it before the boat gets put away for the winter.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

tpires919
    Participant

Attached photos, also engines were new 2016 around 500 hours

tpires919
    Participant

Heading down now to take photos. The mag switch, relay and electrical harness to that engine were both replaced in the last 3 months

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

This IS NOT an injection pump issue.. You most likely have some major DC power distibution issues possibly mixed in the your Mercury Smartcrap electronics…………………..If your engines are talking to each other thru their starting & running circuit, then that is problem #1 as it can be close to impossible to trouble shoot….If you have a weak connection in the starting circuit /ground connection, heat can make it worse……….Post 2 real good pictures like the attached–Clear and in focus. Let me see what you ar working with “Marine Age” wise. Post of the the staeter and mags switch are too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.