• Creator
    Topic

Philip
    Participant
    Vessel Name: 2007 35’ Cabo ‘FUGA’
    Engines: Cummins QSC8.3-540’s

Replaced the turbo to exhaust flange gasket today due to an exhaust leak. Flange had some slight corrosion but turbo is otherwise clean. I suspect Pre sale washing engine allowed water into an already leaking gasket only making things worse. Detailed flange with a file and installed a graphite gasket.

Turbo blades look good to my eye but posting for any comments. The debris in the picture was from disassembly and carefully vacuumed prior to reassembly.

In one picture I noted some interesting blade gaps…. thoughts?

Thanks

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Maybe even a little parallax effect with the angle of the camera vs. the subject. Nice “clear” turbo photo – those are not easy to come by!

Philip
    Participant
    Vessel Name: 2007 35’ Cabo ‘FUGA’
    Engines: Cummins QSC8.3-540’s

Good news…

Thanks Tony!

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Your turbo blades clearance is 100% fine.. Realize that the busing type bearing(s) that support the turbo shaft are “full floating”, meaning that they turn with the shafts as required and have oil clearance all around.. What that means is that what “static clearances ” you an feel have quite a bit of radial play in them.. In your pic, the turbine is laying to one side of that “designed” clearance, or it just the light in the pic, or a combo…. ..

All looks good to me..

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.