Jon Foerster
Participant
Vessel Name: the Office III
Engines: Volvo Penta Diesel TAMD74EDC 480HP

Battery connections

Would it make sense that with both engines having the same issue at the same time that it would have to be something that connects both. As in the main positive that goes to the battery selector 1,2, both or off? I pulled both battery terminal at the battery and cleaned them.. they were not that bad but did it anyway. Would it make sense that it would be the positive at the selector switch.? Thats the only thing that I can think of that has both engines in common at the same time.

When I followed the Negative battery cables they each split to their own bank then to the starters..

I agree that the fireboy wouldnā€™t be the culprit since Iā€™m getting initial Power to the starter. I would agree that it would seem like it would shut down all power to the starter. And when I went through their trouble shooting list it should be OK. But they are on my list to contact to understand exactly how it works when shutting down power.

I remember back in the day on an old truck, how I could cross on the solenoid and make the starter start. Didnā€™t want to try that not knowing which to cross and cause permanent damage to the starter.

Thanks Tony, you are a wealth of knowledge. Iā€™m glad you started up this forum.. I still have all my old emails from the Cummins. I could forward them to you. Not sure if you can post them.