Stephen Oliver
Participant
Vessel Name: Ascella
Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

Good pics. Tailgates do always make for a good workbench. Yes, on the water side. Here’s some pics when I did the same and I did it twice, once with air, once with water, just for fun.

Haha! It is actually the perfect height for it!. My garage is packed full of stuff at the moment… we just had a baby shower so as you could imagine it’s chaos in our little one car garage.

That is super helpful Rob. Thank you very much for sharing those photos and I see that you went to 15PSI which is also very helpful as I was concerned about over pressuring it on the water side. I may also hit it with water just to have the extra assurance.

Thank You!

– Bob

I Did the same as rob – Both sides 30 PSI for the water side as the fittings are smaller and had less need to blow themselves off, and 25 psi for the air side – left for 24 hours.

Interestingly I used some dish soap to find any leaks – and on one there was a small leak on the test rig fitting, I couldnt stop it but it was 1psi in 24hours and the other aftercooler had a porous casting.. I ended up grinding the hoses back and casting some JB weld over the top (at the suggestion of Tony).. it survived the 24 hours pressure test nicely.

Steve