• Creator
    Topic

Neto
    Participant

Hello! I recently bought a tiara express 3500 that has 6CTA 450 diamonds and ZF 302vld transmissions.. I have been performing all possible preventative maintenance on the motors and transmissions to try to avoid big problems.. For the transmissions I did change the oil with SAE30 and new spin on filters ordered from here.. I did not clean the mesh filters when I did this oil change, is this something I can do without draining the oil?

Are these good transmissions? I am not finding any major information on them, I did noticed that one of them was low on oil before my oil change so I thought that maybe the oil cooler was bad but I did change the oil and its been about 15-20 hours and oil level has not gone down & no oil leaks in bilge either. I also noticed that Transmission oil pressure on stb is a bit lower while underway. about 225 compared to the port 275psi. My first move is to clean the mesh filters, then maybe try to switch the sender units.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

ZF302IV (VLD)

The ZF302IV (VLD) is a very well made gear. However, it is no longer made and is a tad tricky to rebuild unless you have a lot of past ZF experience, so treat it well….

Yes you can clean the filter with a minimum of oil loss. As to OIL pressure– I’d check use a quality mechanical gauge before you worry..

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.