• Creator
    Topic

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Just installed 2 wolverines to my oil pans.Hoping they help with white smoke but doubt it as It doesn’t seem to stop until I get to power.Mainly I think the easy start and keeping my bilge dry will be the main benefits.We will see.Just wondering how they should be used. Thinking I’ll leave them on until start then switch off the breaker.When I leave the boat I’ll put them back on.Just wondering how everyone uses them especially through the summer.Bill

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Steve Lewis
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Just Us
    Engines: Cummins 480CE

WW,

We have the same engines. I just ordered Wolverines and the pyro/gauges. I will be installing them soon. Will report our experiences soon.

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Installed the wolverines.So far my assessment is that they have not helped my engines at all in the white smoke area .My engines always started right up but I think it’s a big help starting up at a warmer temperature.The biggest plus I’m seeing so far is the dryness of my engine room.That right there is worth the price.On rainy damp days it was soaked which I don’t see now..Bill

Mike Uliasz
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Runnin' Down a Dream
    Engines: Cummins 6bta-M3 370hp

Ok, interesting. Even during the heat of the summer then. Just ordered 2. Thanks

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Unless they are left on 24-7-365 at the dock, you will not “see” or have any long term benefits..

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.