• Creator
    Topic

yeungmicah
    Participant

Hi there.
    I have been looking to do 2 jobs that your top tips and shop show but need a little more info on threads

I Repowered from Detroit 8.2lt V8s to twin Cummins 6btas 330hp with twin station controls. 1. I need to change the water temp sensor to a duel station sender but don’t know the block thread pattern? On the site the temp senders are 1/2” and 3/8” npt for single station and only 3/8”not for duel station. Can you please confirm what the block thread pattern is and if for the 3/8” I need some sort of adapter?
    2. Hooking up the water heater from the top of the manifold outlet to the water pump inlet
    (Reference Home » Tony’s Tips » Articles » Heater Hookup Ports for Your B & C Series Cummins)
    Again can you advise what’s the thread pattern for this out and inlets please?
    Thanks again love your work and your forum and site has been invaluable through this project here in Sydney Australia

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

yeungmicah
    Participant

Brilliant. Thanks tony.
    You’re the oracle and legend!!!

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

The ports are 1/2″ female NPT.. The dual station sender from VDO is 3/8″ NPT , so you need a bushing for that.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.