• Creator
    Topic

Ron S.
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ali-kat
    Engines: 250 Cummins 96

just installed new envirovent ccv on 1996 250 cummins. Previously had walker system. i am getting some “wafting” smoke from the small filter much like a previous post by another member on the forum. Have it connected to valve cover. I followed the photos on your sight with no problem on install(nice job to you all). Can i expect this to go away after running it? Just doesn’t seem right to be have that much fumes in the engine compartment by plan. One item that i did not see addresses in the instruction photos was the hose off the bottom of the walker system that goes back to oil pan. I plugged it with a brass fitting as it didn’t seem right to leave open. Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ron S.
    Participant

wafting fumes went to billowing at cruise speed! Help, dungeness crab season just opened i gotta get out there! 😉

Ron S.
    Participant

plugged the oil pan line with barbed brass plug with threads and a cap. its tucked behind the after cooler so picture was hard to get

Fcc.rtfd_

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Fumes from the Envirovent

1——————-Send pics of what you did with the Walker Oil drain connection.

2—————-When the system is new, the air cleaner has close to zero restriction so there in zero vacuum on the connection to the valve cover ( at least at an idle, hence your crank fumes may “kinda float” out of it.

3——— The little air cleaner is a vacuum break and is adjustable, or in high bypass engines, it can be by-passed completely.

4———- Before we do any adjusting, can you take the boat out and see what happens when you are above idle and at both low & high cruising speeds.

Post some pics of the install and I’ll sort you out..

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.