• Creator
    Topic

Paul Lagasse
    Participant
    Vessel Name: She's Hooked
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA 370 HP x 2

I have two Cummins 6BTA 5.9 370 Diamond recon engines with 300 hours on each. The recon numbers are 60255953 and 60255331. I have pulled both pumps off and will be replacing with Tony’s suggested ones. I would like to keep the others as spares (as we have a very long voyage to undertake this summer) and would love to get a rebuild kit for them. When I check the Quickserve on cummins it lists my pumps as Option Number WP09617 and has a part number of 5444109. Are these pumps the P1730C Sherwoods so that is what I would buy the rebuild kit for or are the something else. The only numbers on the pumps are “19727PC” which is pressed into the flange and “34 09” raised on the body.

I am also considering the Tony thermostat option as well — anyone tried that with the 160?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Sherwood Pump rebuilding

Your pumps are 1730’s, NOT 1727’s.. QSOL still thinks they are 1727’s, but they have been wrong for at least 15 years now..

DO NOT buy Cummins rebuild kits………Go to DEPCO in Florida . IMO, let them do it as the pump requires very special tools to rebuilt right–Not for Average Joe mechanic…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.