• Creator
    Topic

Peter Wederell
    Participant

I have a client with and NT855. I’m unfamiliar with these engines and the client managed to fill the sump and 2 combustion spaces with diesel by playing with what he calls the cold start valve on the fuel pump. Have removed fuel units , sucked out fuel and performed top tune but engine is smoking badly. Question, does this “cold start valve” need to be turned fully clockwise or anti clockwise for normal operating conditions. The owner and the skipper don’t fill me with confidence as to where it should be.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Clark Leighs
    Participant

I am glad you got it sorted.      I don’t know how much info got through to you but I guess enough.   Good.

Peter Wederell
    Participant

Thanks Clarke. I have removed the fuel units for checking. It turns out the valve is now in the correct position. The owner thinks it is a cold start but he is obviously incorrect as evidenced by your reply and what the guy at the diesel shop told me. Possibly damaged a unit when he tried to start full of fuel.

Clark Leighs
    Participant

I lost a large reply with more detail.    I added another separate reply, no editing , so I didn’t mess with the original large post and BOTH are gone.     THe first included a PDF of my manual showing at least part of what he was asking about.

I was trying to do some explaining, more than just what is here now but all is gone except my last reply and I used the SUBMIT each time.

I will also mention that each time I submitted, ALL  the sentences were  run together.   I had to go back a few times to separate the sentences into sort of paragraphs for reading purposes.

Clark Leighs
    Participant

Found it        WHen facing the knob turn it  Clockwise to open the valve for fuel to flow.   When facing the knob turn it Counterclockwise to close the valve.       So Counterclockwise for you.

I am assuming this engine has the electric control shutoff/ run valve in which case the above stands.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.