• Creator
    Topic

Brian Will
    Participant

Found the following picture on the web. Is this and old or new configuration for what is a fuel and oil cooler on my engines (see circled red area)?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brian Will
    Participant

If boating on the west coast of FL with summer water temps at 80-90F I would think a gear cooler makes sense. Any thoughts on the need for a fuel cooler?

David Amble
    Participant

I suggest that is a fuel oil return cooler as a gear box oil cooler is not required when the engines are fitted to Zeus drives.Ā  My previous boat had QSC engines driving Zeus and the engines were not fitted with gear box oil coolers or fuel oil return coolers; straight pipe as per Tony’s option above.Ā  The Zeus drives each had two oil coolers for transmission oil cooling and hydraulic oil cooling.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Not new or old….During the ordering process, many options can be ordered as to how the engine is up-fitted….

In the case, on a QSC, the engine can be ordered or built with a combo fuel & gear cooler, just a gear cooler ( as your pic shows) or nothing there but a straight pipe..Ā 

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.