• Creator
    Topic

Douglas Fairchild
    Participant

I need a male fitting for this female fitting. Anyone know what its called and where I can buy one. This fitting is on my injection pump of a Cummins 480CE. Thanks Doug

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Compu-Check quick disconnects

Yes, they are quick disconnect fittings, AKA “Compu-Check” adapters.. They were installed by the factory for the ease of testing certain things and it was cheaper for the factory to leave them there than to pull them, or they forget.. Choose the answer that to want……………………………Think of the typical QD on and air compressor hose… …………………

IMO, they have ZERO use for “Average Joe” and create issues where they are not needed , “weeps & seeps” over time. .. IMO, pull them and plug the port..

Douglas Fairchild
    Participant

Question answered

Found out it is a Compu check fitting used to measure fuel pressure. Thanks for responses.

Douglas Fairchild
    Participant

I have your valves and primer bulb setup for my 480CE’s. One is fine the other leaks. I have tried Rector seal 5, white nylon tape and nothing works. I have a large syringe with a hose. The fitting in the photo is in the fuel line of my injector pump. I want to eliminate the valves and primer bulb and if I can obtain the male fitting for this fitting I would attach a valve to it with a barb going to the syringe. The syringe will create suction at the pump negating the need for the valves and primer bulb. I have electronic throttle/Trans controls and I know to prime system you place throttles at WOT and crank engine for engine to create enough suction to draw fuel to injectors. Mine will only crank when its in neutral so I can’t use engine to prime fuel system. This fitting is similar to an air hose fitting used with a compressor. Appears the male fitting pull collar back insert into female fitting and release collar the same as an air hose fitting. I don’t have to use this fitting if there’s another type that you could recommend that would be fine.

Tony Athens

Use it for what?

Do you know what is is?

Douglas Fairchild
    Participant

Need fitting identified

Tony, I don’t want to plug it I want to use it. If there’s another fitting I can use male and female something like an air hose fitting but can be used with fuel that would work. Doug

Tony Athens

Use a common 1/8″ NPT plug with some Rectorseal #5.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.