• Creator
    Topic

Kirk Mandy
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Timeless.seas
    Engines: 2x Cummins QSC 8.3
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>

• QSC 8.3, 2010, new after coolers installed. When reducing throttle from wide open 2580 Rpm, to around 1500 rpm the port engine shows a low fuel pressure warning. Turning the engine off  and back on eliminates the warning. Bringing throttle to wide open and then reducing causes the fault to show again. Starboard engine does not do this.
    1. could this mean a bad fuel pressure sensor or something else like a lift pump?
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Clark Leighs
    Participant

Total guesswork here but it could be a going goofy pressure sensor  OR a wiring flaw.  

Check the wiring first and be sure it is in good shape, tight and clean at all connections.

THe other suggestion is get a pressure guage and install it on a TEE  in combination withthe pressure sensor.  I always use a steel hydraulic fitting in cases like this, not brass and especially not extruded brass.    If fuel pressure is going actually going  low then that should tell  you.

I have no idea how much one of these sensors costs  but I would find out which may be an incentive to pursue the other suggestion.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.