• Creator
    Topic

Eric
    Participant

First, I want to say thanks to the SBMar team for their help as I’m going through completing a significant number of maintenance items while the boat is laid up for the winter. Nearing the end of the project, but had a couple interesting finds along the way.

The boat is a 2007 Sea Ray Sundancer with QSB5.9 425 motors. Approximately 1300 hours on the mains, the last 200 of which have been on a freshwater lake. Prior to that the boat was kept in Florida. The boat had the 1000 hour service done by Southeastern Power in Tampa 3 seasons ago.

Been working on replacing all hoses, clamps, aftercooler service, heat exchanger services, new motor mounts, valve lash, etc with some help from Tony, Justin, and Kevin. These guys have been very helpful along the way and I wanted to say thanks!

Found two interesting things and have included pictures. First, one of my fuel coolers was completely imploded inside. After some discussion with SBMar on whether I should keep them or replace, I decided to just replace both coolers with new ones. Second, a number of rockers in my port motor have separated from the foot. 6 total rockers were separated. The tech I had adjusting the lash said hes seen it before, but usually on much higher time boats. Not sure what to make of it. Any thoughts?

Again, thanks to you guys for all your help through this process.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brian Katz
    Participant

Fuel Cooler

Wow. That’s quite restriction. Thanks for sharing.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Did you figure out the cause for the imploded fuel cooler? Was it one engine or both? Usually due to an partially closed valve on the return plumbing.

Did they do a valve adjustment as part of the 1,000 hr service in Tampa three seasons back? It’s not called for until 5,000 hours on the QSB, QSC and QSL9 ………..

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.