• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by john.
  • Creator
    Topic

David Wesner
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Monarch
    Engines: 6BTA

Any advice on installing a 24gpm gresen hydraulic pump on the front end of my 250 6bta cummins. Presently have a 12gpm pump run off the dual pulley adapter on the front crankshaft. As anyone with a pulley driven accessory it is less than desirable. Engine is hard mounted.

Does the small drive shaft need to be exactly square to the crankshaft or is a small angle needed for cv joint articulation/lubrication?

Driveshaft guard needed?

Special tool for the alignment? What are you using?

Thanks
    D

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

john
    Participant

I really don’t know why the offset to be honest. I used a digital protractor. pretty easy to set up. you can just change the rings in your pump and get 24 gpm. The drive shaft is the best way to go but a lot of work to convert over to it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

David Wesner
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Monarch
    Engines: 6BTA

I believe the double pulley adapter has the bolt holes I need. The new pump came from another cummins so Iā€™m pretty confident it should fit.

Why the off set on the driveshaft?

I have a belt driven 12gpm gresen now.

Thx D

habibrayeq2
    Participant

Eliminate or relax the top nut on the isolator in that corner, totally on the off chance that you like ā€“ the motor ought not to move as gravity will keep the motor set up. Presently you need to make sense of an approach to lift that edge of the motor somewhat (perhaps 1/16ā€³-1/8ā€³ inch) to where the washer under the section is free. This discloses to you the weight is off the isolator. From that point, again relying upon access, either eliminate the two jolts holding down the isolator to the vessel (stringer/section or ?) as well as the 3 jolts holding the motor section to the motor and eliminate the things by squirming them away until they are off the beaten path. Without a doubt, this will be a baffling position. Presently you can eliminate the two 12 mm dia jolts holding the siphon to the motor and slide out the siphon. You DO NOT need to contact the 4 littler jolts holding the siphon to the huge Diamond-formed plate as everything that does is extricate the siphon on the faceplate. However, if you somehow happened to eliminate them, it does permit the siphon to “squirm” more ā€“ some state it makes the cycle less agonizing

john
    Participant

I have done a few of these. One to three degrees offset for the drive shaft. You will need a adapter made for the front off the crank shaft. I don’t see any of the adapters on the seaboard site. I have always used a guy on the east coast and just call him up and he ends me the adapter and hardware. What pump do you have now? The gresen pump can easily be converted to a 12 or 24 gpm pump.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.