• Creator
    Topic

jsa193
    Participant

I HAVE A PAIR OF CUMMINGS 5.9 DIAMOND SERIES IN MY 34 FT LUHRS, THE PROBLEM IS I CANT SHUT THE ENGINE OFF UNLESS I DISCONNECT THE FUEL SOLONIOD HARNESS, REPLACED THE SOLONIOD, THE IGNITION SWITCH WHICH IS A ROCKER NOT A KEY SWITCH ALSO I COULD TAKE ALL THE WIRES OFF THE IGN SWITCH AND IT STILL STAYS RUNNING, OH AND ALSO REPLACED THE DIODE, CANT EVEN GET TO THE STARTER NO ROOM ITS BY THE WAY THE STARBOARD ENGINE, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT WIRE SHUTS THE SOLONIOD DOWN
    THANK YOU JACK

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jsa193
    Participant

Hi Tony read your post the problem started all of a sudden went fishing one day came back and could not shut down engine just bought this boat few months ago from Maryland ran it up to new York no problems alternator was replaced before I bought boat wasn’t charging they rebuilt it boat was fine this problem just started going to remove juice wire off alternator and see if problem goes away what do you think, could alternator be back feeding and why, also the diode is getting very hot. What do you think Thanks Jack

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Something is wired wrong or shorted and 99% for sure the alternator is back feeding the IGN circuit..

1) Factory wiring or ??

2) When did this start happening? All of a sudden or after you fixed something,

3) Need read good pics of the suspect solenoid and related wiring and of the alternator ( all sides/the wires going to it)

Have you down loaded the wiring diagram for the engine on this web site & studied it?

Do have any basic “Electrical 101” in your background as to using a VOM or ?

Tony

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.