• Creator
    Topic

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Want to remove the cooler on my 480 ce.looks easy and I have the hose,clamps and rector seal I see in the kit.mostly interested getting the right fitting to go from a to c .not sure if the fitting in the 6cta kit is correct for my application as there is a 6bta video but not a 6cta video.If anyone can tell from my picture Iā€™d appreciate it or I can post more.Bill

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

William Walter
    Participant

Cooler removal

Finished up both sides.used the block to change the angle to get around hose on port side.

William Walter
    Participant

Cooler removal

Was able to remove stbd side cooler and came up with this fitting to go from a to c. Worked well but port side has a fuel line blocking so I was thinking of using the fuel block from cooler to change the angle but not sure if thereā€™s a ck valve inside.Bill

William Walter
    Participant

Thanks Rob Iā€™ll check them out.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Bill,
    Moreland Hose in Oakdale will make you whatever custom hose you desire.
    https://www.morelandhose.com/

William Walter
    Participant

Cooler removal

Sounds prudent Bill.Maybe I can get a fuel line of maybe a foot that has the end connections that fit the bill to go from a to c.Seems like they have different ends you can order at the seaboard store. I need to replace the B to c hose either way.Bill

Bill
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6CTA (2001)

I considered that as well. But I got concerned about having the regular black fuel line right up against the engine. The B to C blue hose seems to be some kind of high temp thing with steel braiding or something like that to stiffen it. So I decided not to mess with that factory install choice. It was all hunches, I didnā€™t do any scientific analysis.

William Walter
    Participant

Fuel hose

Bill thanks for the info. I was thinking of going direct from a to c.the hose from b to c looks very suspect so thatā€™s how this all started.I think the a hose will reach c if I reroute it.in that case I may need something different.was hoping to have right fitting before I took all apart but I guess Iā€™ll have to pull apart to figure out what I need..bill

Bill
    Participant

I found the thread with the pictures:

Delete combo fuel block and fuel cooler.

Bill
    Participant

I removed the fuel cooler on my 450 Diamonds. I simply connected A to B. A on mine is a flare fitting (looks like yours may be as well). B is an ORFS fitting. I could not find an ORFS to flare fitting so I coupled two fittings together to get it to work. One was a flare to NPT. And the other was an NPT to ORFS. Somewhere on here I posted the picture in another similar thread.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.