• Creator
    Topic

Matthew Swasty
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Tooth Ferry
    Engines: 2006 Cummins QSB5.9 380hp

I have a 2006 Meridian 411 with twin QSB5.9-380’s and I’m looking to add a fresh water flush system to the boat. The owners manual shows a clear lift muffler in the exhaust system but my boat doesn’t have that where the manual says it is. I’m trying to evaluate if I need to have the engines running to flush. Do I have a lift muffler or something like it in my exhaust system? Please see pics.

Thanks
    Matt

Charleston, SC

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mike Schmidt
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 6bta 330hp

From the looks of it you have the exact same boat and configuration as me, a Meridian 411 with 6BTAs. I have installed a fresh water flush system running into the raw water pump outlet bung. I flush it after every outing for about 5 minutes per engine without the engine running and not problems.

Matthew Swasty
    Participant

Thanks! That’s what I was hoping for. There are no additional components in the exhaust.

Matt

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

If what you have posted shows all the componenets in your exahst from the turbo to the underwater exhaust exit, then you can flush WITHOUT running your engine–NO lift muffler, and or any muffler between the engine and the outlet on the bottom of the hull

Matthew Swasty
    Participant

Lift Muffler?

Pics

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.