• Creator
    Topic

Troy
    Participant

Tony, i currently have the Airsep system on my QSB 380 engines and I read the article on your replacement system and am considering changing mine out to your system.
    I couldn’t find a picture of the QSB with the EnviroVent installed and was curious of how it was installed.
    Is the oil drain line and checked valve removed and blocked off ? I’m assuming so after reading the article but would like to see an install if possible.
    Thanks, Troy

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Terry Kerr
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Olphartz
    Engines: Twin 2001 6BTAs

Be sure to click the right box.

If you didn’t get the caps to cap off the hose left over from the the walker Airseps, perhaps the box was not checked when ordering?

When ordering the Envirovent CCV, However, it it does ask if you have an existing walker airsep system. I checked “yes” and received the caps in the box.

Larry Talley
    Participant

Will EnviroVent CCV Kit make significant difference in leak-free QSB 5.9

I’m considering the EnviroVent CCV Kit for my QSB 5.9 engines. I have twin engines but one is at less than 2000 hours while the other is at 8000. The older engine leaks significant oil from the existing CCV system.

Resting my engines are at a 5 degree tilt from horizontal, once I get on step they are probably again at about 5 degrees, but when I’m heavily loaded and don’t quite get fully on step, I suspect the angle may exceed 12 degrees which I’ve been told is the Cummins spec.

I have certainly been guilty of keeping my oil filled to the top mark, and after reading a number of Tony’s articles I’ll back down on oil volume in the pan.

But I do find the original CCV arrangement troublesome to maintain and I’m thinking that even with better control of oil volume I may still find oil leaking from the CCV and keeping my engine dirty.

I’d like to hear from others whether the EnviroVent CCV is a worthwhile investment on the QSB 5.9?

pmerklinger59
    Participant

air sep

I came across this old one, i ran into this a couple of weeks ago when this tube broke off in the block, the tube is the link between the hose drain from the air/sep and the sump

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Frank,

The pictures are here (at the bottom of the page) :

EnviroVent CCV Kit QSB 5.9 Series

Corey and my crew are working on a “step by step”..

In the mean time, tell me / show me what you meant by a missing “cap”..

Tony

Frank Woods
    Participant

same no install info and pictures online limited ?

Tony, i currently have the Airsep system on my QSB 380 engines and I read the article on your replacement system and am considering changing mine out to your system.

I couldn’t find a picture of the QSB with the EnviroVent installed and was curious of how it was installed.

Is the oil drain line and checked valve removed and blocked off ? I’m assuming so after reading the article but would like to see an install if possible.

Thanks, Troy

jdt4042
    Participant

I had the same issue with my QSB Enviro Vent install. No instructions at all, and no clue what to do with the return line. After reviewing the pictures several times, I was still lost on what to do. I came to this post and was glad to find I wasn’t the only one with this same problem. I call Corey and was told to purchase a 1/4in cap and cap off the hose and secure out of the way. I run down to my local marine supply store and purchase 2, 1/4in caps; however, the actual cap size required is 3/8in. After waiting another day (it was now after closing time), I purchased the correct size caps and installed.

Although the caps cost less than $2 each, it seems like they could include them in the kits. I expect better from Seaboard in providing all the correct parts for the kits they sell. Additionally, I replaced the Shields hose with Trident clear hose. The smooth interior and exterior of the Trident hose allows the hose clamp to lay flush with the exterior of the hose and provide a better clamping surface.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

I need to stay up on my own web page…..

Lots of pics here ..

I don’t recall those pics, Corey must have just snuck them in!

Tony Athens

I need to stay up on my own web page…..

Lots of pics here ..

https://www.sbmar.com/product/envirovent-ccv-kit-qsb-5-9-series/

Tony

Troy
    Participant

Thanks Tony, it’s time to service the airseps before my charter season starts and I’d just as soon do away with the leaks and make it simple by replacing the whole system. As I’m sure you are aware, the “field service kit” from Airsep isn’t cheap. I was just curious about how your system was installed.
    Thanks, Troy

Tony Athens

Let me get Corey ( my web guru) to get some pics on the web site……………………Drop him this link and light a fire… He has time tomorrow.

[email protected]

Tony

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.