• Creator
    Topic

luca barzelogna
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Vallusa
    Engines: cummins 6bta CPL970

Hi all, 

I have a couple of cummins CPL 970 300hp, I need to mak ea precise timing of the pumps of engines because they are fresh rebuilt with identical specs but runs differently. I made the timing using pinsbut I think that something is wrong in the port engine because it start great, runs great but it is slower to rise rms than the starboard engine. So I want to check the timing in both engines and duplicate it exactly.<br />How many degree before the TDC is the EP9 denso pump pin engaged in the original specs? Is possible to advance it a little bit to gain some power? <br />Many Thanks

Luca

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

luca barzelogna
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Vallusa
    Engines: cummins 6bta CPL970

Hi, but this ep9 Denso pump don’t have the boost aneroid compensator….. The turbos don’t have any wastegate..

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Don’t mess with the timing.. Play with the boost aneroid compensator & line going to it.. U-tube may have some info on the ND EP-9 pumps related to that. Be 100% sure the boost line and related fittings are clear of any debris. 

Remember and 5% tolerance in performance between any two engines in the spec.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.