• Creator
    Topic

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Bunch of my clamps Had cracks in them.. breeze constant torque clamps so I purchased new ones along with scandvick clamps. Understand the constant torque clamps are temperature related but are they necessary everywhere..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

William Walter
    Participant

Thanks again for the reply.must be hard to answer some of these trivial questions but in the interest of education I appreciate your patience..Bill

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

IMO, I do not think they always essential , but in general I think they do a decent job as to maintaining the needed tension in many applications.. Maybe some others out there will comment as to their longer term experience.

William Walter
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Tony.My main question was about the difference between the constant torque clamps and regular clamps.Im sure the constant torque clamps are better because they cost more.just wondering if they are essential for certain applications as opposed to other clamps.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Obviously they may have left room for improvement………………………………………………………………..But, with that said, how many YEARS have these clamps been under “stress” in a salt water laden atmosphere?

Things do fatigue faster than normal in conditions encountered in this nasty environment..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.