• Creator
    Topic

joshkerwien
    Participant

Hello.
    I am trying to track down an issue with my smart craft system. I am getting the error code CCM:GPS DATA FAULT. I tried swapping the GPS antennas, however the problem is staying localized to the Starboard helm. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

joehall
    Participant

GPS Data Fault

I am having the same issue. It began after my batteries died during a haul out for bottom paint. 2012 Sea Ray 410. Anyone solve this issue?

joshkerwien
    Participant

Ongoing

The issue has not been resolved yet. The joystick and everything is still working so I handed this project off to the local Mercury dealer. I keep bugging them regarding the progress and they keep saying they are waiting to receive procedures for testing. They initially wanted to just replace items without verifying whether they were actually not working which I could have done. Im trying to narrow down what has actually failed and I can replace that part myself. Once resolved I will repost with any findings.

Joseph Nekola
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Salty Dawg
    Engines: 2 - Cummins QSB 480 HP

Was this problem resolved?

I’m having the exact same problem with my 2009 Sea Ray 43, QSB 480’s with Zeus drives. Did you manage to solve the issue?
    Joe Nekola
    646-533-8867
    [email protected]

Michael McKinney
    Participant

Additional input…

So, Iā€™ve started getting the same GPS Data Fault code for the starboard helm, but itā€™s ONLY after I activate my Furuno NavNet 3D radar. The fault code appears within seconds. Without turning it on, I never get the error code. When I turned the radar off, the error code goes away in about 2 minutes. No recent work, nothing has changed. Very strange.

Another fault code appeared for about 10 seconds but went away. It said: CCM: LeverMasterFault but it was the Port helm. No clue what that was about. Canā€™t repeat it. Iā€™m so confused.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

David Amble
    Participant

My understanding is that the ‘response’ button is purely to set the level of ‘aggression’ in the autopilot response to drifting off course. It does not ‘reset’ the flashing standby light or anything else.
    If the standby light is flashing, it usually means that there is one or more parameters not right to allow use of the joystick, autopilot or skyhook. I also understand the standby light will continue flashing until the engine priming pumps have finished the prime.
    As for the GPS aerial, you need the correct Mercury unit and you cannot swap over the Raymarine GPS unit.
    I presume you have one Mercury GPS unit feeding into the CCM board, and then a separate Raymarine GPS unit feeding into the Seatalk network or directly into your C120.
    So, to me it sounds as though your Mercury GPS unit has failed or you have a bad connection as indicated by others.
    Regards,
    David

Philip
    Participant
    Vessel Name: 2007 35ā€™ Cabo ā€˜FUGAā€™
    Engines: Cummins QSC8.3-540ā€™s

have you changed anything recently? Done any maintenance?

Do you have the precision pilot manual and have you tried to see what the flashing standby means?

joshkerwien
    Participant

Some more info: the boat is a 2012 sea ray and has 2 QSB 480s with Zeus drives. As for electronics it has Raymarine E120 and that is recieving GPS data. It is equipped with the precision pilot, and the standby light constantly flashes and it beeps during the flash, and it does not clear when I hit the response button. Iā€™m guessing the two issues are related but uncertain. Here are a couple of pictures.

Philip
    Participant
    Vessel Name: 2007 35ā€™ Cabo ā€˜FUGAā€™
    Engines: Cummins QSC8.3-540ā€™s

Not much info to go on here but assuming your gps electronics are working correctly? And your port smartcraft is receiving gps ok?

If so, Iā€™d suspect wiring to the bad side…

Maybe some more details will help us narrow it down for you

Phil

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.