• Creator
    Topic

Greg Weaver
    Participant

Question,

I’ve owned my boat for about 4 months now, upon delivery port engine was rebuilt and NEW aftercooler was installed.

Today I thought I would check on the zincs, Starboard top aftercooler zinc was like 85% there.

Port top new aftercooler zinc was just a square nut with no zinc on it at all ??

Contacted the mechanic who has previously done the work on the boat and he explained to me the top one is not really necessary and in his opinion the top one helps contribute to the clogging of the aftercooler and he also stated the bottom zincs on the aftercooler are 100% vital and they are the most important zincs on the engine.

Now not that I doubt him but I always like 2nd and 3rd opinions and I have had nothing but great advice from Tony and the guys here.

So question is….should it have the top zinc in there or not ?

Also I will note that the boats runs spectacular after propping it to Tony’s specs.

Thank you all

Greg

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Well I guess you do doubt him or you would not have brought the question here for other opinions …no harm in that. I do agree that the top zinc is “almost” useless but I do not agree that it has any ill effects and should be left out.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.