• Creator
    Topic

Troy Masters
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Flipside
    Engines: 6cta8.3m3

I have a pair of 6CTA’s and was thinking of removing the fuel coolers and relocating the transmission coolers to the fuel cooler locations. I have read the articles on your web site regarding this just wanting to get your option on this. <br />The boat is a 36 Dorado express with a single 500 gal fiberglass tank that is built in the center of the hull aft of the engines so it seems like the fuel would be cooled somewhat by the surrounding water temp thru the hull. The boat will be ran in Florida and the Bahamas in warm water. Please give me your thoughts on this and what parts i need to order to accomplish this. I have already ordered your complete hose kits for the engines as well as your SMX water pumps. I would also like to know what temperature thermostats i should be running. i have already ordered 160 degree thermostats from you but after reading some articles maybe i should just replace them with the 180’s. Please give me your thoughts. call or e-mail if you need any further info. Thanks Troy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Troy Masters
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Flipside
    Engines: 6cta8.3m3
    1. The boat is ran at planning speed for 50-60 miles at a time then trolling speed for 5-6 hours then another 50-60 mile run.
    2. The fuel tank is intergraded into the hull so the bottom of the tank is in contact with the bottom of the hull.
    3. I try and keep the tank topped off so its usually never less than 1/2 full.

Thanks for following up to my questions.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Answer these questions specific to your boat:

Do you run on plane or at hull speeds when traveling distances over 20 miles or so?

When you say you have a 500 gallon FRP tank in the hull bottom.. Is the tank integral to the hull,  or it it a separate tank that could be lifted out ( some kind of FILLED air space between the Hull bottom and the tank bottom?

How low might you run then tank before you refill to the top,  or ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.